Sunday 1 May 2011

come to kazakhstan, it's nice!

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006).




IMDb Synopsis:  "Kazakh TV talking head Borat is dispatched to the United States to report on the greatest country in the world. With a documentary crew in tow, Borat becomes more interested in locating and marrying Pamela Anderson".


IMDb Rating:  7.5/10


My Rating:  8.5/10


My Thoughts:  One of the funniest films I have ever seen.  A lot of the humour employs the shock factor technique and whilst I am usually not a fan of it, I found that it was used effectively and boosted some of the hilarious scenes.  After finding out that many of the scenes were not scripted, it gave me a deeper sense of appreciation for Sacha Baron Cohen's comedic talents.  A good film to watch for those who are not easily offended.






No comments:

Post a Comment