Tuesday 10 May 2011

isobel may hethorn and thomas burke hethorn.

I miss my Nanny and Poppy.  There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about them and wish that they were still here with us.

My Nanny passed away in 2007 after a short battle with a rare and agressive type of cancer.  This caused a lot of pain and confusion for my Poppy, whose condition deteriorated significantly as a result.  It was just before Christmas in 2010 that he also passed away.

Due to the fact that Mum and Dad always worked long hours, our Nanny and Poppy would take care of Rhylea and myself during throughout the day.  We created a close bond to them and often referred to them as our second set of parents.  I consider ourselves very lucky to be able to say that, some people have no parents whilst we were blessed with a second set.  On the days that we couldn't see our Nanny and Poppy, like on weekends or holidays, we would call and spend hours on the phone talking about anything and everything.  When we were spending time at their house, they would do anything we wanted and when it came time for them to do what they wanted, like garden or watch the horse racing, I loved how they would include us and teach us all about their world too.

Although I consider myself very lucky to have had the time that I did with them, I hate how they won't be around to see me get married, meet my babies, see me graduate and come to our house for dinner.  I miss them every single day and would do anything to have them back with us.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment