Saturday 30 April 2011

come as you are.

The Birdcage (1996).


IMDb Synopsis:  "A gay cabaret owner and his drag queen companion agree to put up a false straight front so that their son can introduce them to his fiancé's right-wing moralistic parents."


IMDb Rating:  6.6/10


My Rating:  7/10


My Thoughts:  I thought the movie was hilarious with it's witty one liners, which Andrew and I have found ourselves using in everyday conversation.  I would have given it a higher score but I could not stand any of the characters apart from those played by Robin Williams, Nathan Lane and Hank Azaria.  Although it was meant to be portrayed in a comedic sense, I could not appreciate the level of small mindedness exhibited by the other characters, somewhat tarnishing my opinion of the film.





No comments:

Post a Comment