Sunday 24 April 2011

how embarrassment.

The most embarrassing moment of my life occurred when I was about seven years old.  I was in grade two and it was the last day of term, so my class were allowed to watch "The Land Before Time".  Those who didn't like the movie were allowed free time in the next classroom and so that's where I went.  It just so happened that I was joined by the class clowns, who would make me laugh and laugh until my ribs ached.

This day was no exception.  In fact, I remember being in stitches all afternoon, barely being able to breathe in between laughing so hard.  All of a sudden, I was absolutely busting for the bathroom but I was having too much fun to go, so I held on.  It became excruciatingly painful and was so unbearable, I finally decided to go and ask my teachers if I could go to the bathroom.

By the time I got to the other classroom where our teachers were, I was needing to waddle.  With my knees bent inwards and the pain worse than imaginable, I tapped my teacher on the shoulder and said "Miss, could I please go t......", only to have my entire class turn around and watch me wee all over the lino floor.

To make matters worse, it was a free clothes day at school and so of all the things to wear on that memorable day, I was wearing white shorts.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment