Friday 29 April 2011

the wedding of kate and william.

I am loving the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton and absolutely adore Kate's Alexander McQueen dress.  As I sit here with Andrew watching history being made, I think about this moment and wonder if it will be remembered in years to come, like the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles back in 1981.  I wonder if it will be like one of those moments in history where our children will ask what we were doing the moment the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge got married, similarly to events like Charles and Diana's wedding, the Kennedy assassination or September 11.  Although I'd love to be able to tell them that I was part of the crowd outside Westminster Abbey on the 29th of April, 2011 at 11am, I will be proud to tell them that I was watching history unfold on television back in Brisbane and thinking about our future wedding with their dad...over a couple of beers and the best Thai food I've had in a long time.




No comments:

Post a Comment