Friday 29 April 2011

my home.

So this is my beautiful home.  I live with my Mum and Dad, Rhylea, Mickey and unofficially, Andrew and Ben.


This is the pathway to the front door.  The circle on the ground is a beautiful mosaic that my Mum and Dad completed together.



This is my front door and part of the path.  We have a sweet donkey statue beside the fairy garden, which once belonged to my Nanny.


When you first walk in, there is a big mirror and our mini library, with a table and chair set to use when relaxing with a good book and a cup of tea.



This is the rumpus room, where you will usually find Dad every night watching sport on the big screen.  He has in fact claimed this room, tainting it with the hideous flag above the television!


Our laundry, Mum's work space and DVD collection are just around the corner from the rumpus room.  The fridge is our over sized bar fridge.


These stairs come from where the front door is to the second level of our house.  The big window at the top has a ledge where Mum keeps some of her plants and country style ornaments.



The stairs lead to a section where there is a window box and a cabinet with all our precious glassware and books.


This is our living area and dining room.  Andrew is watching the sport after a long day at work.  Mum painted Patrick, our butler.


This is our kitchen.  I love the old bottles that Mum has scattered around and the lanterns strung along the windows are so beautiful at night.



This is the view outside the front of the house from the kitchen.


This is the view of the bridge and the airport from the side kitchen window.


This is our hallway.  Mum did the painting on the left for my Poppy.  The door beside it is the closet.  On the right hand side is a trail of photos of Rhylea and I from our school days, leading towards Rhylea's room.  At the end of the hall is my room, the bathroom and Mum and Dad's room.



This is our toilet and bathroom.  Mum and Dad tried to create a beach scene, with sandy floor tiles and wall tiles that set the illusion that we're under the sea.  



Next is my bedroom.  I'm trying to start organising everything for when I move out so it's pretty messy at the moment.  Although it's usually is pretty messy anyway.


This is my Mum and Dad's room.  This is where Mickey tends to rest and today is no exception.  He's watching me closely, making sure I don't come and steal his treat, hidden behind one of the pillows.


This is our back deck, which is a great spot to have barbecues and drinking sessions in the summer, as we get the breeze from the bay suburbs and have a stunning view of the airport, bridge, mountains, bayside and some city buildings.




These are the two sides of the house.



This is our backyard, which has seen many happy times, with pets, sports and parties.


Finally, this is the back of the house.  Andrew is in the middle of telling me a story.  I think he just secretly wanted to get into as many photos as he could.




No comments:

Post a Comment