Sunday 24 April 2011

green eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you.

The song "Green Eyes" by Coldplay reminds me of Andrew.  When Andrew and I first started dating, he would play the album "A Rush of Blood to the Head" on a regular basis and so nowadays I instantly think of the happy, "butterflies in the tummy" moments we shared in the early days whenever I hear this song.

 It wasn't until the first time I saw Andrew cry though that this song started to remind me of him.  Andrew usually has hazel eyes, but I noticed that when he was crying, his eyes turned the most gorgeous shade of green I had ever seen.  I remember being fixated on his eyes for some time and could not get enough of how beautiful they were.  The next time I heard "Green Eyes" I automatically thought of Andrew.

The lyrics of the song also perfectly describe my feelings for Andrew.  I am very much in love with him and feel that my life has only gotten better since being with him.  I would be lost without him as I see him as "the rock upon which I stand".






No comments:

Post a Comment