Tuesday 26 April 2011

fly away, breakaway.

"Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson reminds me of graduating from high school.  It was released just a few months before we graduated, so I remember it being played at the majority of our senior school ceremonies.  I absolutely loved the song and I associated it with the excitement I felt about leaving school and starting the next chapter of my life.

However, a couple of weeks after I finished, I went to see "The Princess Diaries 2" at the movies with my friend Zoe.  "Breakaway" was recorded as the main song for the film.  I remember when it played, Zoe and I turned to each other and burst into tears.  After we left the cinema, we had a huge conversation about leaving school, as it was only then that it occurred to us what it actually meant - more responsibilities, less time with friends, more uncertainty.  When I think of "Breakaway", I still only associate the excited feelings I originally experienced, as it was that conversation with Zoe that made me realise that the roller coaster of emotions we felt were normal and only added to the excitement.




No comments:

Post a Comment