Tuesday 26 April 2011

role models.

My role models are those who make the most out of life, respect themselves as well as others, set a good example and who make a contribution to society.  


Jess and Lisa Origliasso are the lead vocalists of my favourite band, The Veronicas.  I see them as role models because they have achieved so much and yet are so down to earth.  They have also appeared in several magazines promoting the importance of good self image and as I grew up loving The Veronicas and reading these magazines, I have appreciated their way of thinking.  Both Jess and Lisa have also served as ambassadors for a range of charities and organisations, including PETA, Wildlife Warriors and Redkite, as well as supporting the fight to legalise same-sex marriage in Australia.


Alicia Silverstone's work with the animal rights organisation, PETA is absolutely heartwarming.  As well as campaigning against cruelty towards animals, she also lives in an environmentally friendly house and established a sanctuary for rescued animals in Los Angeles.  Like me, Alicia found it difficult to become a vegetarian, but eventually stopped integrating meat into her diet and even went one step further and became a vegan, one of my life goals.  Her ability to live a life of normality despite the pressures of constantly living in the public eye are also inspiring, proving that there really is no excuse for bad behaviour.


Rachel Bilson has been one of my role models since "The O.C." started.  What I love most about her is her background story.  As a teenager, she was quite rebellious, until she was involved in a car accident in which her friend hit another car head on.  This caused Rachel to be in an unconscious state for several days, an experience which scared her into changing her lifestyle choices completely.  Since this event, Rachel has said that she has stayed out of trouble, has decided what she wants out of life and has worked very hard in order to get to where she wants to be.  I find the way she took control of her life so inspiring and think of her when feeling unmotivated or lacking in confidence.


Reese Witherspoon is one of my role models because of her dedication to being a good role model.  Being a public figure, she has expressed her determination to be somebody who younger girls in particular, can look up to as a confident and motivated woman, stating “I’ve always been choosing roles knowing that I have a daughter and I have a responsibility to her and to the world to be representing women of strength.”  I also respect her for her work with various children's charities and the Avon Foundation, an organisation who supports victims of domestic violence and those who suffer with breast cancer.




No comments:

Post a Comment