Saturday 16 April 2011

rhylea jane millar.

My baby sister, Rhylea is my one and only sibling.  There is five years between us and over the past nineteen years, we have built a close and loving bond as sisters and as friends.  She is the funniest person I have ever met and I love how her humour has no limits.  The only thing I don't like about her is that she is by far the prettier sister.

I remember the day Rhylea was born as if it happened yesterday.  I remember visiting her and Mum at the hospital when she was only hours old.  I remember our first cuddle and how adorable I thought she was.  Although I loved her anyway, I loved her even more when she bought me a Vicki doll as her sibling gift.  My baby sister (and the brand new doll) made that day one of the best days of my life.

Rhylea is currently working part time at a pet shop and is studying journalism via correspondence.  I have never met anyone other than Rhylea who can match my eclectic taste in music or who will happily talk to me for hours on end about celebrity gossip and TV soaps.  She often amazes me with her wisdom  and maturity, only to turn around and make a joke in poor taste or say something ridiculous five minutes later.  

She is my sister by chance but my friend by choice.  I love her to bits and pieces and I consider myself so lucky to be able to call her my sister, as well as my best friend.





No comments:

Post a Comment